I met up with FOD at the Rock. Fishing never really was fast today, but just enough to keep us interested. I think we caught about 10 rainbows between the two of us in about 3 hours or so.
Now the downside… they were all the same size (and would be lucky if the broke the footlong mark.)
Still a fun day on the hard deck, but I think that willbe my last trip to Rockport this ice season.
Sorry no pics, they weren’t worth getting out the camera.
nope we were on the E side with no shelter. One would have been nice though since the wind never let up while we were there.
On that note I forgot to give ice conditions. The ice is still 12 or so inches thick but it is real grabby when drilling. All the edges were ok but turning that aqua blue color. First stage of rotting. There is still time. The lake looks slushy but it actually was firm for the most part.