Fished Echo today from 630am to 3pm. Caught 50+ perch between 2 of us. We were fishing about 28 FOW and they were right on bottom. Move around a bit until we located the fish and then it was solid all day. They were still hitting pretty soft. The only ones that hit hard were the 3- 10" perch that I caught.
How were the edges?
Soft for about 18"-24" and then fine after that.
My brother and I talked to you on your way out this afternoon. We had very similar results. Beautiful day to be on the ice.
LanceL
Oh very nice! Yeah today we did way better than yesterday! We caught between 70-80 fish! Attached are a few pics of the ones worth keeping! How did you guys do after we left?
What did you guys have the most success on?
I have a brother-in-law from TX coming up this week and I’d love to be able to get him on some ice and into some Perch.
I’ll hit you up on a private message
Were you by the damn or further south?
I was south of the boat launch
We didn’t stay much longer after you passed us. Picked up a few more perch and one more 18" bow that made its way home to the grill. Sorry no pics. We ended up with about 50 perch most dinks. 20 keepers. 8 trout as a bonus. Only needed to keep 1 of those for a meal.
Very nice!! I’m actually headed up to Echo right now so I’ll let you know how fishing today goes!
I’m planning on going up tomorrow, so I’m interested to see how it goes!
Awesome. Good luck! I would definitely appreciate the info. My boy wants to venture out for his first ever ice trip. So I’d like to put him on some fish this weekend.