Echo 12/28

Fished Echo today in a group of 5 and only caught 5 Perch and 1 bow. We fished anywhere from 20’ to 35’ and moved several times. The reservoir is completely capped and the ice was 4" in some places and 2’’ in others with patches of slush. There were a lot of people on the southeast end and a few by the dam. Felt great to be back on the ice :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

I was also at echo today. The three men in camo out from the big point. Fished in thirty two to thirty eight feet of water. Caught dozens of four inch perch. Between the three of us we took home eight trout. Three being eighteen inchers and threw back a handful of fifteen inchers. It was a beautiful day to be on the ice. Pikeman GO FISH

i was also at echo this mornin… only picked up 3 trout and 10 perch… hey pike man were you wearing a BFT beanie??? if so when i was leaving i passed a few guys loading there stuff up all in camo

yeah that was us. don’t be afraid to stop and say hello when you see that sign. im not one of those guys that hide behind the computer[;)]

PIKEMAN
GO FISH !!!

I fished near the dam today. Did not even begin fishing until well after noon. Iced 7 rainbows to about two pounds. No perch. 5 of the 7 trout came on a glow cutter bug tipped with carp soaked in crawfish scent. The other two fish, one hit an orange rat finkee and one hit a chartreuse perchy fly. Many of the trout were taken right on the bottom. Fished 15-60 ft. And of course I only kept the legal limit! I did not even see any perch put on the deck today. Overall, it was a good day. Great weather!

Did anybody see any sizeable perchskis today? I caught some large ones last winter out of Echo!

Were you in the same spot as last year?

yes i was PIKEMAN GOFISH [fishin]

:sunglasses:Thanks for the report. Sounds like the fishing there is pretty slow this year though. I sure hope Rockport fishes better than that when it has a safe harddeck…[:/]

Yea it was pretty slow for us, but hopefully this Saturday when we head back up we get into em :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile: