weeebski weekend sessions

Bryce(wildcat) and myself have been putting in some bed sessions on the weeb when we can find the time … fishing has been hot but still no monsters for the season, lots of 23s a few 24s and 1 25 female..

The water is still great (as of Monday ) and the flows are just right. As usual whites, silvers, and greens have been producing.those browns love plastics… averaging 25-30 browns a trip with a few Perrtty bows and cuts in the mix..

Heres a few pics .. no slimers were harmed in the taking of these pics haha [;)]




The biggest female so far at almost 25"

Those are great browns. Nice job.

flows went up this week

Did Nike come out with a new wading shoe [;)] Juust kidding

Nice Catch !!! Congratz

337 cfs below echo. I guess there’s always next year.

the middle weber is still in excellent shape

I know I just have lot better luck with the big browns on the lower overall. Plus the higher up the colder it is and freezing guides will be more of an issue. Probable will get a foot of snow up there by morning and the low for Coalville is supposed to be 20 tomorrow morning. Good luck if anyone is trying it this weekend. At least it won’t be crowded.

there are a few of us that will be aorund there tomorrow, looking forward to it!

They are actually DVS… haha I like comfortable sneaks alot better when I’m walking several miles in a day.

Dude - your definition of Monster and mine are not one and the same. Those look like some thugs! Pretty beefy browns!
Dang if that first one doesn’t look like Gene Simmons - what a tongue!

So is it curly tail plastics you’re pitching? Or other shapes/patterns? You guys like the tubes for bassing, no?

Thanks for the report. Maybe my JawJacker’ll lock into one of those under the harddeck!

gotta love small rivers that pump out good fish. specially brownies!

I still think those are pretty impressive fish. I normally fly fish for trout, but I’m thinking about trying out some jerkbaits I just made on some of the Cache Valley streams. Do you think the browns would like these?
[inline “jerk 2 small.JPG”][inline “small jerk.JPG”]

I would never throw such a thing as those :sunglasses: hideous baits [;)]

Ah - the molds at work! Nice looking plastics bud. For my $ - those look like some good color patterns, dig the flecks.
I’ve got some frog legs and tubes with similar patterns, and they seem to have been well received. Though those are bigger minnows.

Do you texas rig with a weighted hook, or a weight upstream? Or some other rigging?

I could use tromping around in my snowboots. If you want some company - lemme know. Can’t rake leaves NOW, so hell - might as well go fishing, right?!

I mostly make them for bass. I also make a 5" for that, and it’s a top pour, so I do a lot of laminates. Baby bass is my favorite. I fish them a lot in the flooded vegetation with a wide gap hook and no weight in the spring. If I want to go deeper I’ll use a weighted wide gap or a darter head jig. The latter is the plan for the trout streams.

I’m hoping to find some access down on the Little Bear this next week. I’ll see if I can find any good water and let you know if it’s worth hitting.

for what its wiorth to ya dude i just got back. yes the water is higher, but it is super clear and stil very very fishable

Then I will be fishing it tomorrow! !!! Thanks for the update zach! !!