Fished Strawberry yesterday in the Renegade area. That wind never let up all day long. Water temperature 48 degrees. We caught lots of fish. All fish were caught vertically jigging with tubes in 24 to 25’ of water. Best set up was a pearl tube tipped with a chunk of red sided shiner. Great day of fishing with a couple of nice guys.
Thanks for letting me tag along again and for my best day at Strawberry.
Was the depth of the water 24 to 25’ or were the fish at that depth.
Was the depth of the water 24 to 25’ or were the fish at that depth.
The depth of the water was 24 to 25’ and nearly all were caught on the bottom of the water column.
Any shot busters Kent?
None over or under the slot (two may have been just under 15 inches) and only caught one rainbow. Another thing that was unusual is that we snagged and broke off several times. I have snagged on a rare occasion, while vertically jigging at Strawberry, but it is extremely rare.
Kent,
My brother Bait_Caster and I were down in that area too. I waved at you (I think it was you) and you waved back. I told BC that I thought that was you but I wasn’t sure. We caught fish but not “lots”.
I waved at someone. Sorry, I didn’t recognize you. I’ve had a few days in that area when we caught more fish, but I have also had far worse days. About an average day for this time of year fishing Strawberry.
Were you able to drive all the way to Renegade to launch? Planning on a trip there on Halloween morning.
Yes, the roads were dry all the way to Renegade.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had fun.
We arrived to find a pleasant surprise – two outhouses were next to the “closed for the winter” restrooms. Nice addition that I have never seen before.
Kent
Thanks again for letting me tag along. It was good to fish with you again.
Any shot busters Kent?
Oh - I thought you were asking if he’d seen TDTwin out there - with a wedge of lemon and a pinch of salt…
Nice report Kent - sounds like a fun out.