Strawberry 08/24

Today was slooooow! We fished for kokes for 4 hours and didn’t even catch one! We only landed 4 bows and 2 cutts. One of the cutts was so small the line didn’t disconnect from the downrigger and we dragged it all over the lake. :laughing: oops. We fished the narrows on the soldier creek side, from 15 feet down to 60 feet using RMT. We did not mark any fish I felt like were kokanee on the fish finder. I wonder if the kokes are moving to stage for the spawn? Anyone know? Good luck.

Just want to confirm that it was slow on the Strawberry side as well. We went for Kokes from the Old Dam to Hawes Point to the Narrows and it was never fast. Caught cutts and bows but no Kokes. The biggest was a 21 inch cutt that I hated to put back. Man, that fish was big and fat. Nice to see some big fish. Hoping to one day catch one over 22.

Anyway, I think the stars were not lined up on the 24th. We watched other boats and they did not kill them either. The berry is fickle like that. One day is hot the next is cold. I just want one or two hot days this fall so I can enjoy the winter with a smile on my face. :slight_smile: