Anyone tried to drive the road to Renegade lately? It yes, is it passable in an auto?
I wish someone would answer, I put a post out there last week and got a big zero response. I am going monday am. not sure where. Maybee soldier creek side, I hear that road is still open.
Please any info on renegade access would be greatly appreciated.
i went to mud creek friday in my car and it was just about to far for my little honda considering driffes on the road i don’t think it would be but some one said the made it to bryants fork
i’m going up in the morn on the s.c. side i’ll have a yellow jiffy electric auger if ya feel like sayin hi
Planning on hitting it also in the morning how was the ice is it 4 wheeler ready.
I’ll see you up there as well!
the bays are dont know about the main lake
Sounds like the berry will be busy. I too am heading up with my wife, son and granddaughter. Got a new 6 man pop up begging to get broke in. I will be dragging my wheeler up. I wll be heading to S.C. Maybe I’ll be seeing some of you there.
Kent,
What time you heading up? I am pickng my wife up at work at 6 am and then heading up. I will be in my 4x4 truck and have my atv with me. Not sure how thick the ice will be. This is the first outing this year. Seems the ice has been slow. Been a few years since we last fished together. If you see us, stop by. I will be in the 6 man Frabil popup tent. Driving a 4x4 dodge pickup and have a red honda atv. We will be fishing about a mile off the turnoff to soldier creek dam on the east bank.
Kent,
What time you heading up?
Probably about 5:30 Wednesday morning. I am glad everyone, but me, is headed up there tomorrow morning. I wish that I was also going tomorrow, and probably could have gone, if I would have thought about it earlier. I was just trying to find out the road conditions for my trip on Wednesday. I see that there is snow in the forecast for Wednesday, so even if the road is currently passable, it may not matter.
I fished renegade bay on friday. The road is easily passible. Their is some snow/ice in some spots but nothing that will get you stuck. With a car you might be pushing your luck but a truck or suv will do just fine. The ice was around 6" and poping like crazy. The fishing was average nothing great, but still a ton of fun. caught some nice cutts.
Thank you redtick and welcome to BFT. I can’t remember ever being able to drive to Renegade this late in the year. Great for access, but we need the snow.
Any snow on the ice?
I was also up there on Friday and the road is not bad at all. I didn’t even need four wheel drive to get there. The fishing was hot and the weather was even better. Between the two of us we landed around thirty fish in 5 hours. Good times
We where fishing wright of the boat dock at renegade. It was nice cause you could pull right up to the waters edge.