Pineview will be drawn way down for a pipeline project. Looks like their predicted water level follows the 60’ contour line. I can only imagine how long it’s going to take to fill back up again. Will be interesting to see how this affects the fish population.
Has anyone launched recently from Anderson or Cemetery Point? Wondering what the current conditions are and if the lack of Port Ramp has reduced the wake boat traffic at all.
Thanks for the info and link. It sure makes me wonder what will happen if we get another dry Winter, we will be in big trouble for those of us that use PV water system. Very interesting that they closed the post ramp for upgrades, the same year they were planning on drawing down the lake so far. I can’t imagine they were not aware of this new project. You can see when the water level is drawn down to the point where they can start this project, that Anderson cove and Cemetery point ramps will totally be out of the water. So, no launching from PV by Sept.
On another note, I called up Pineview secondary water right before I saw your post and found out, that they are shutting it off early this year, in Sept. I also found out what my allotment of secondary water is 241,129.74. Only five months of water this year, maybe less.
Article in today’s Substandard Exaggerator explains that the autumn drawdown will significantly speed up work on a new water line because they will now not have to construct (and later remove) a coffer dam across the north arm, where an existing pipe runs under the lake. The new pipe will replace the century-old pipe down the Ogden canyon which is estimated to be losing up to a million gallons of water a day. The new pipe will therefore help immensely with the water shortage.