ottercreek/piute report

We hit ottercreek sat at about 9:00 a.m. Trolled the lake until 2:00 p.m. It was a little slow but we managed 9 but only 2 were of your typical ottercreek size. The rest were 8-12" recent planters. So we headed back over to piute . Right move! (I wish we had went there first ) After a slow start (1 19" across from ramp, It then turned on from about 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Durring that time we caught 1 after another all in the 15-18" range and fat, heavy , hard fighters. Ended taking home 10 between 3 of us for family dinner. We returned many more. A super duper was a good ticket, but the real slayer was a silver needle fish 24" behind a grenn and orange dodger (my rig, so you who know who blew away the compitition in the boat) So I got my free dinner on the way home. Great day after a chilli start (major sunburns) No real trophies so I did’nt take pics. Sorry

I was down there scouting for turkey stopped by OC around 2 my wife and I had are limit by 3:30 caught 7 more until we left at 4:30.All fish were 2-3lbs footballs very fisty and agressive on with there bite.THe weather was awsome not much wind and warm.

what were they hitting on at OC? I’m thinking of going down as soon as we get some good weather again.

I hit Otter Creek as well on Sat.
Fishing wasn’t nearly as fast as in previous outings, but then again, this was a bit earlier in the year than usual for me.
Size of fish was down a bit as well.
The females were all loaded with eggs…ranger said the spawn should begin any day now.
Didn’t have any luck on power bait or worms. All fish were caught by trolling. No flashers or pop gear, just crank or swim baits on flourocarbon line.
See the attached pictures for what they were biting on, as well as the minnows one of them vomited up as I was removing the hook.