Took my “always asking to go fishing pal” to Otter Creek to check ice conditions and see if we could hook a few to throw on the grill. Weather was great a little chilly but nice in the sun. Lost a few that were bigger than the ones in the photo but overall healthy, good fighting fish for my boy to reel in.
No presence of ice on the south end still way to warm during the day.
Thanks for the report. I just about went there Sunday, instead I went to Deer Creek. Was hoping to hear that there was some ice forming on the lake. I guess I will have to wait to ice fish it in December.
A few boats rolled in about 11. Talked with the park ranger and a couple people did pretty well trolling once they figured out what fish wanted. I took my binos and was watching the boats for a little bit but I didn’t see any catching going on.