Otter Creek

I’m planning on heading down to Otter creek for the first time as soon as I get a chance. Does anyone have any recent reports or info for a first timer to the area? I’m guessing the conditions are similar to Fish Lake? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

It’s been almost two weeks since I was there last. Although it is close, the general conditions are not very often like Fish Lake. There was about 10" of ice with bad ice from the shore out about 6ft. That may have refrozen by now. The fishing was good. They would hit anything tipped with a worm. The best for me was a glow pink jig head. That always seems to work well. People seemed to be catching them in all depths. I did the best in about 20’. The bigger fish came about 2ft off the bottom.

Myself and one other person fished there Sunday. The water depth was 15ft. We didn’t start catching much till we started fishing at 5ft. The fish were running shallow that day. We used any small jig with some worm on it.

We fished on the west side Sunday. The edge is now nice and solid again.

The fishing was slower than usual for us. We caught six rainbows that we kept and 3 small rainbows that we released. The biggest fish was 3lbs. For us the fish were off the bottom three or four cranks of the reel and seemed to bite better if we were moving our jigs. We used tube jigs and paddle bugs tipped with night crawlers.

The force of nature came up with such a vengeance in the afternoon that my son was able to sail across the ice by standing in the sled and holding up a garbage bag for a sail.

Utahbill

It can get so bad down there when the wind blows! (fish lake) We were there at the beginning of “ice on” last season, about 3-4" of clear ice, no snow on top, (so it was slick!). The wind was blowing us across the ice, and my husband is 190 lbs!
<-------Thats him in the pic.
We figure it was about -120 to -130 degrees with the wind chill that day. It was COLD! :astonished: That day there were also kids riding their lawn chairs down the lake in the wind! [:)]

Thanks for all the info. I will post a report when I get back from the trip.