Hey Pat,
You are right on top of things as usual. I looked yesterday at Lindon and it still had some ice. I looked again this morning and it was gone.
I look forward to your first report of the year. I fished DC last saturday in my boat…never thought that would happen on Jan 27. Report is still in the works.
Pat, I was just going to ask if anyone had checked Willard for floating a boat lately… Last Wednesday I could tell the ice was fading fast, guess I’ll have to stop in on the way home and see how it looks… I sure didn’t get my fill of ice fishing, but I also know when I’m beat so I’ll try and adapt… Be good to see your reports starting up again… like you hardly took a break this winter… Guess I’m glad I didn’t spend too much on new ice gear this year… Although I did buy a new used snowmobile that I haven’t found thick enough ice to try it on yet… was fun in the field though… Might end up the winter that never was… Later Jeff
We launched at the main ramp and found little going on down there. Then used the “seek and ye shall find” advise you give so often and got lots of tugs. Report is almost done, will post it tonight or tomorrow A.M. Ended up taking 2 novices with us so we focused on trout most of the trip. We all had fun.
I hope we can get in 2 this year!
Checked out a couple lakes last week, Sand Wash had people on it, looked sketchy, Starvy had some open in the middle of knights and by the main launch, talked to a guy he said it was 5 inch of white ice, less out further from shore. probably open now, Pelican lake is almost ice free as of yesterday, there’s no ice floating down the Green river no more, Steinaker’s won’t last long, Matt Warner has good ice and you can drive to it this year, but dont get stuck like my daughter did yesterday, had to go on a rescue mission,
Heard tell that boats are fishing open water on Willard.
Also, checking the live camera at Lindon Harbor…on Utah Lake…it looks completely open with wide open water outside the harbor as well.
](
LINDON 2 1 24 — Postimages)**
Supposed to be some more chilly temps in the next week or so but I’m planning to launch my tube as soon as the next warm spell hits…somewhere.