I called the Strawberry Marina Monday at there is still one launching dock in thee water. I was in a meeting with Justin Robinson one of the biologists up there and he too said the one dock was still in the water. You can call to make sure. The marina number is 435-548-2261.
Hope you have good luck.
At Renegade, I have picked up passengers from the steep bank on the north side of the parking lot. The water is usually a little deeper there. The hike down to the edge of the water there is often slick though.
I trust they have their reasons, but they always pull the boat-ramp docks weeks before it freezes up there. Even with them pulling them early the docks often have a layer of frost or worse on them in the morning and can be slicker than snot on a door knob to walk on.
I’m going up Friday and Saturday also
so you will know by Friday night
I have launched with no dock when alone, my boat is 20’ long and did not got wet. and I’m 72
From strawberry Marina.
see you Saturday