A couple buddies and I hit the northern end of the lake launching out of American Fork Harbor on Sunday. The day was absolutely beautiful! The morning started off a little rough with me forgetting to put the plug in the boat, [pirate] doh! re-trailered and waited for 15 minutes til she drained! I can’t believe how fast they take on water. WOW! Launched again and we were off. We headed to the northwest corner of the lake to see if we could find any bass. Nothin! Quite a few other bass boats around and I didn’t see any of them land a fish. We decided to try our luck for White Bass. We tried all my usual spots and not even a bite! We finally resorted to just enjoying the day and throwing some bait for some kitties. We didn’t catch a thing all day long, but it was about as good of weather/wind conditions you could ever find on UL! Great day to get the boat out and enjoy! We talked to a bunch of people in the harbor when loading the boat, and I didn’t talk to one person that even caught one fish! Ouch! Water temps were 49 when we got there and 52.5 when we left. We need some more good weather to stick around!
i saw you guys. thats one sweet tracker. you did about as good as i did. my boy spanked me again. he caught a few big carp on a white 2 inch twister.
Thanks for the props on my boat CROSSINEYES! I bought it last December and have been dying with this long winter wanting to get it out. I was in such a hurry to do so that I forgot my plug! Utah Lake just needs to warm a bit and then we will start catching fish instead of just washing lures!