Tooks some freinds up on the invite to skip work today and go play on the Berry before the next storm hits, what a good choice, we were the first boat in the parking lot with a good 45 minutes till daylight. Temp 26 degrees, calm water! We took our time launching the boat waiting for enough light to head out. Once on the water it was chilly as we zipped towards the meadows from the Phillips Lodge. It was cold, I hunkered down out of the wind but the pour driver was freezing. By the time we hit Indian Creek it was light enough to fish. We through Luckie’s for about 15 minutes with no hits. So I quickly switched to a jig, tipped with a little enticement. First cast and WHAM! a good cut, we worked our way east at a slow pace catching a few here and there, but not as fast as I hoped, We headed to spot #2 and found some freindly players, we landed about 10 in 15 minutes with one being brought up to the boat that was a real horse, but he didn’t want to be manhandled and flipped away.
It died of again so spot #3, it was now about 10:00 and we were shedding clothes did we every find the hole, we proceeded for the next 2 hrs to land fish after fish, many dbls. Almost every fish we brought in had several trailing behind so we would flip another jig and almost always catch another. We ened up over 60 fish for the day, left the water at 1:00 to meet other commitments, It was one of those strawberry days that you dream about, and keeps you coming back, Those cuts are beautiful fish right now, and some of them even put up a pretty good fight. I hope the hard deck stays away for a bit, I need one more trip! Don’t put of going if you have plans to , it doesn’t get any better that this time of year.
Sounds like a fun and chilly day out. Good to hear to found the honey hole. Hopefully I’ll get out on my new pontoon this week