scofield Ice?

Does anyone have Info on Scofields Ice?

Thanks
[fishin]

Hey man, haven’t seen you on here in awhile. Hope to hit the ice off with you. Hopefully by the end of the month, keep your fingers crossed.

Cmon? Nobody’s even driven by Scofield as of late? I’m sure there’s still a hard deck, but is is safe to fish?

I am also very interested in the ice situation at Scofield if anyone has been there and is willing to share.

I know of someone who plans on heading up there this weekend to check it out. Hope to hear something before then but if not I guess we’ll have to wait until Sunday.[;)]

I went to Scofield Friday and did not see a soul, but the lake was still ice capped. I tested the edges and it is very rotten, my foot fell through the ice, besides it is starting to fill and it should not be long before it opens up (maybe 2 to 3 weeks). I would not go on Scofield at all, it is done for the year. So, ice fishing is done at Scofield, theres always next season.

Good deal. I’ll be there on the 25th with the rest of you . haha Thanks for the report. Please watch your language. Kent

I fished it Monday all throughout the dam arm. The ice was 26-30 inches and the edges were solid. The ice was a little bit softer as my auger went through it a tad bit easier, but in general, the ice was very very solid and it was 5 degrees at 6:30 a.m. when we first got there. The bite was pretty good with 35 or so fish for two of us in 5 hours, but most were less than 12 inches with the biggest fish being a 18 inch tiger (which tasted so good)!!!

Just kidding - we let it go - if there is anyone advocating the release of tiger trout under 22"s, it is me.

I would be surprised if the edges were as soft as explained above as it has been so cold up there and I did ice fish it April 24th last year. But who knows?

Thanks for the Info. I think I will head up there next weekend and check things out.

I will give a report afterwards

[fishin]