Saturday fishing invite

My usual fishing buddies are not available this Saturday and I want to go fishing. Ideally, I would like to take the boat to Bear Lake and jig for cutts and macks, but I won’t be doing that if the roads are slick. Plan B is to go ice fishing. I am open to go to Yuba, Otter Creek, Strawberry, Pelican or wherever. If interested send me a PM.

Too bad I will be working or I would take you up on the offer.

Yep, it is about time that I returned the favor.

Ice fishing it is and the vehicle is full.

Kent, if you hit the Berry let me know how the ice is please, going on Sunday.

Hey Mike, headed somewhere else.

Ok, thanks, maybe I’ll let you know [;)]

Let’s hope for a good ice fishing trip [;)]

Just don’t forget; the youngest ALWAYS pays for breakfast. [;)]

Sorry that little trick might work on other guys but not on me [:P] :laughing:

That’s too bad that you couldn’t make it into Woodruff Res. some nice Cutts’ in there, I guess you didn’t take a look at Birch Creek? I like Little Creek in the spring, I fish it alot with the fly rod when I am up at the house.

I guess you didn’t take a look at Birch Creek?I climbed that hill once; it was the first and last time I’ll ever do that. Don’t forget, I’m 73 and not a super jock. :slight_smile:

Yep, it was a cold outing. I finally walked back to the truck and got my shelter for the last couple hours. I didn’t keep track, but I probably caught 60 or 70 fish with 5 decent fish landed. The largest was a 17 1/2" fat rainbow. I also got a beautiful (and surprising) heavy brook trout, of 15 1/2". I just checked all of the stocking reports and the reports show only rainbows being planted, so not sure where the brook trout came from.

It was nice to fish a new water and disappointed that we were not able to make it to Woodruff. I enjoyed getting to know Bob and Eric a little better. Great breakfast and sure was nice to get dressed, for the ice, in the middle of a warm restaurant.

Sounds like a fun day Kent.

Brrrr… Now that’s cold. Sounds like you had a great day other than the cold.