Anybody been to Rockport or Echo lately? How was the fishing and what did you catch?
I was at the rock on tuesday fished the backside midway between the entrance station and the boat ramp. Fished from 10-30 ft for trout. caught around 10 between 2 of us. Then found 40-45 ft and started catching perch right away but it was short lived. Caught 7 then that just shut down. I have made 2 trips out there this season and both have been slow for me. This year east canyon is a much better bet for size and total number of fish. “for me anyway”. I have herd of a few great reports coming from the rock this year so you just need to be in the right spot i guess[:/].
I am pretty sure that I saw you then, I was the only other group besides a group of three out on the lake after the snow cleared up and you could actually see the other side. You must have been in that group of three? I remember carhart coveralls on one of the guys. I was with one other guy and we were fishing south of you guys, we had a black frabil ice tent.
Fishing was very slow for us. we each landed one and lost one at the hole. Last week was better. I wonder if the fish are in a different pattern now that those storms blew through.
I was the one in the carhart coveralls. Yeah it turned out to be a nice day for a while before the wind picked up. I really hate sitting in my tent on a nice sunny day due to wind.
I agree that the patterns must have changed or something, Usually I have those slimers pretty well dialed in. Not the case this year though. And the size has been much smaller with 14" being a hog on my outings to the rock.
I shoulda came and said hey. Where I was fishing is where I have been fishing all winter. You should try it next time you go out. It is shallow but for some reason the fish cruise in and out all day. I have caught on average 16-17 inch bows right there and a couple bigger and one that broke me off that was very heavy.
Right around where you guys were I heard some guys last week screaming and laughing and hollering. They must have caught a real nice one. I even heard them yelling again up at their trucks. I still wonder what they caught. That wasnt you by chance was it? Good luck on your next trip.
Nope not me. We will have to go out and slay a few of those things one of these days. I should be getting back up there next week sometime after the bash.