Rainbow trout at strawberry

Hi I just made an account on this site (though I have been reading it for some time now.) I was just wondering if any one has had any luck catching rainbows at strawberry. I have caught very few but mostly only cutts. (they are the biggest I ever caught though LOVE them berry cutts.) Thanks guys.

Welcome aboard bud! Im like u I havent been to blessed when it comes to catching them beautiful bows in the berry but I have caught some pretty nice ones useing a flatflish on the end of the down rigger I havent caught a lot of them but the ones I have put a smile on my face.

I have done well for bows on the solider creek side of strawberry all the coves near the dam seem to be loaded with bows.I use the same technique, pearl white tube with chub meat or night crawler.also small rainbow and brown trout rapala’s will catch you plenty too.

To increase your odds fish the Soldier Creek side. Rainbows tend to be in the shallower water; although, I have caught some down 45’. I have better success tipping a tube jig with crawler than with minnow when chasing rainbows. They also like Powerbait fished off of the bottom six inches or more.

I agree with what was already said. I catch a lot more rainbows (though not all that big) on the soldier creek side.

Hell was up there Wednesday evening and thats all we could catch. Just small planters from last fall though. Couldn’t keep em off. Different story from Iceoff when all we were doing was catching big Cutts.

thanks alot guys appreciate all the imput