Pineview Crappie Report

Made a morning run over to Pineview to see about getting into some Crappie. Last week we tore up the gills and perch on the shallow weedy areas of pineview. This week I ran the rocky shoreline looking for transition to deep and structure changes with the Deeper Chirp sonar. Found a lot of crappie wanting to play.

Location: Pineview deeper rocky shoreline

Time - early morning. As the sun came up the crappie started to move deeper. I left before the powerboats showed up

What: small 1/6 jig head with small jigs (color did not seem to matter much). I did tip with a worm at times, but caught without as well. Jig was suspened under a slip bobber or tight bobber and was about 8-32 inches down - deeper as the morning progressed. I also caught bass with a purple perch flig but did not spend much time doing that as the Crappie kept me busy. Ultra light rig with 4lb test.

How. pretty simple - ajust the jig to where they were schooling up and stay a little above them. Slow reeling with light jigging to get them excited.

It was over 100 fish in a couple hours, with a lot of green sunfish mixed in and some small mouths. A few with fair size but mostly small. I likely need to start keeping them to help thin down the small numbers.

If you are trying to get kids into some fish, this is a great place to try. Just get there early and get out before the powerboats start doing thier thing.

A fun video with the Wookie

Hay cowboy have you ever tried across the water on the opposite side? I’ve done some ice fishing over there. Looking for some bigger ones.