Pineview 11/5 - 11/6

11/5 - Hit the Narrows for about an hour and a half in the evening hours last night. Got on the water at 5:45pm and off at 7:30pm. Kicked my way along the bouys until I found a few large schools in 60ft of water. Managed to pull out 4 crappie, largest being 9 inches. As I felt like I was getting better at feeling the bite and hooking the fish, the dark and cold ended my time on the water.

11/6 - Wife had plans for the morning so I figured I might as well go fish again. Launched at Port Ramp in my float tube at 10:00am and putted around the docks for a bit. Quickly was greeted by some 6-8 inch perch. All were picked up just off the bottom as expected. Fish finder showed fish all over the screen around the docks from 4 feet all the way to 40ft. Not sure what all those marks are as I expected perch and crappie to be deep. Thoughts?

Didn’t find any crappie hanging around as I hoped so started kicking out toward Browning Point. Could not find any concentration of fish anywhere along the trip. Got about 100 feet from shore and decided to turn around and head back to the docks.

Still nothing found on the way back. So started fishing around the docks again and got right back into the perch. In one slip, had something hammer my jig and hoped for a decent size perch. Ended up being a 12 inch smallmouth. Fought like a beast. Got quite a few more perch and another smallie. No crappie for the day unfortunately.

Hoped to put back in down in the narrows but no time. Wife returned. Still a good day. Lots of fish, but still nothing of size. Seems to be the trend at PV.

I was hoping they’d get bigger from last years ice season. Hopefully it will be good for the kiddies that like steady action though. [;)]

Thanks for the report.

:sunglasses:Good/bad report. Bummer that we can’t find or figure out the larger fish. Gotta be some in there somewhere. I know they don’t just vanish when they get bigger. Well, sometimes it seems like they do.


Not excited about getting out for the next few days, while Mama Nature is having another hissy fit, but I will probably give it at least one shot at the narrows. Being the eternal/infernal optimist that I am I am confident that Pineview has saved a few slabs and porky perch for me. But, if my usual productive spots don’t produce…well, I’ll probably cry a lot and try it again next year.

I agree. I plan to try to get out one more time in the Narrows to target those crappie schools I found. Hope to pull a few more out.

Any thoughts on the question I had about the fish finder screen? I figure if anyone knows, you might. Are they perch to the surface? Possibly carp around the docks? Or just sonar being messed up by the docks themselves?

:sunglasses:I also saw a bunch of “clutter” around the docks when I fished that area last Tuesday. Unless you can hook some and bring them in there is no way to prove or disprove any theories. And Pineview has so many species that are known to suspend during transitional times that they could be almost anything.


My money would be on micro crappies…or maybe bluegills. Could even be small perch. I did catch a couple of dinksters at about mid depth last week. The little ones sometimes come up to feed on layers of copepods or other bitty bites when they stratify in different water temps. I did not see many marks that looked worthy of being anything larger…at least those up in the water column. However, I did mark a few larger fish that might have been anything from smallies to junior tigers…to carp. But they were better at keeping their mouths closed than I was at getting them to “yawn” in front of my jigs.


I seriously doubt that any kind of electrical interference could be coming from the docks, but you never know. Might be aliens sending mysterious messages from Pineviewius.