Otter Creek????

Has anyone been down to the Otter or heard any reports, some one told my father-in-law there was some open water. I would love to catch some ICE OFF action down there.

[fishin]

I drove past Otter Creek on Saturday morning. Only a very small patch of open water on the southeast corner, nowhere near fishable. Plenty of folks ice fishing on the south end. Paiute is 99% open water, but Otter is going to take another week or two.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing.

anyone been there over the past week???

If you go to stateparks.utah.gov it has a listing of all the state parks. Click on the park you want and then on current conditions. Some parks are updated almost daily, others not as often. They’re last update for Otter Creek was two days ago on the 4th. It said the lake was 50% open water, and at the bottom it said mostly open with some ice remaining- fishing is very good.

Fished Otter this evening. No ice whatsoever. Windy and miserable all day and no bites from the bank.
We finally put the boat at in and trolled the south end of the lake for about 3 hours throwing everything in the box at them.
Nobody caught anything on the shore, or from kickboats and we were the only boat on the lake (somebody else we watched tried it earlier in the day and got blown off). Lots of fishing, no catching.

I’m sure it will get better…at least I hope, as it couldn’t get any worse.

I fished it Saturday. We did better at Piute but the W!$% was a B!$%$ at both places. Got around 25 at Piute and 5 in two hours at OC. They wanted Luckycraft pointers on a long line, close to shore. It was a fun day but bitter cold. No ice whatsoever.