Gorge lakers & burbot

Buddy, no matter what, nice fish… to many jealous whinnnyyy wantabes thinking he should of or I’m the best and you suck guys. Dude I don’t care if you took a damn machete to its head and took pictures of it. Season is open and it was your dads fish , do what you want. the POSER game know-it-all/tree huggers on here make me sick. JUST FISH! CATCH MORE AND LIVE LONGER!

Hey guy, don’t know why ya’ll take offense so easily. I thought my reply was kindly stated, and all was well. Why ya gotta go call some of us “posin’ tree huggers”. What happened to friendly debate w/ hopes of us each learning something from the other in order to better our chances afield. If a guy wants to practice catch n release, I just thought it might be well if we chimed in on the fragility of fish. Nothing wrong w/ bringin’ awareness to the practice of catchin’ n’ releasin’. God knows we all could use a little more awareness in our sport and among the community that utilizes it. I say mandatory, extensive Fisher Education Course. Lastly, lets keep it real, I sure enjoy meeting some of you loyal BFTers out in the field, kinda makes it awkward when I come by someones tent and realize they called me a "posin’ tree hugger’. Opine is fine, but name calling is a game we played when we were younger, and none of us need to be playin’ it here. Hopefully, no hard feelings man, as we are all in the same boat.

I’m about as far from a Tree Hugger as you can get. And yes, I am definitely jealous of the big laker he caught. I’m just stating my opinion, I could care less what you think of it.:face_with_tongue:

:sunglasses:Good report and pics.


**Don’t pet the sweaty stuff…or whatever. Seems like every time somebody puts up a pic of a big fish it ends up generating some kind of face slapping. **


Geez guys. Can’t we just read the report and move on?


Doesn’t matter if somebody keeps a fish. Their business and nobody else’s. Take care of your own fishin’ and let others do the same.

But,but…he started it!:face_with_tongue: I think we’re all ready for spring, we’re getting cranky cooped up inside.

can’t we all just catch another fish. spring is along ways off.
:sunglasses:

Just my .02 here. If you truly don’t want to offend someone about their fish handling skills, but have some concerns nonetheless, IMO the best way to handle that is via PM. Preface it with something like,"Hey man, I didn’t want to question you in a public forum, but (insert concern). I think you would find that they will get less defensive.

I think this could be a good, healthy topic to discuss, but give it its own thread. Don’t begin that discussion following someone else’s pic, and if you do, do it privately. Thoughts?

:sunglasses:**Good suggestion. But, unfortunately there are too many folks that like to stir the pot and take potshots on a public forum just to get something going. **


We have had many discussions of proper fish handling…usually as a result of someone posting a picture of a nice fish and then everybody else jumping them for showing some mud, blood or snow on the fish.


Good open discussions are always a good way to take the edge off the boredom while waiting for Mama Nature to quit having cold flashes. But, since discussions are always subject to personal opinions…which can vary widely…all too often they start getting personal and the evil moderators have to get involved.


But, the idea of using PMs to express questions or opinions on touchy subjects is definitely a good idea.


If you think proper fish handling techniques would be a good topic for a new thread, go ahead and get it started. But, don’t just throw it up in the air. Start it off with some of your own insight and experiences…and your own personal methods. That gives everybody else something to build on…or to ATTACK. Go for it.