Float Tube Club Meeting 5-30-12

:sunglasses: Just a reminder that our May float tube club meeting will be at the Murray FOE (Eagles) lodge The only change in previous scheduling is that we will have to change our meeting dates to the last WEDNESDAY of each month. That will be on May 30th…at 6:30 PM


**This meeting will be our “swap meet”…for members to drag in anything they think might be of interest to other members. It might be a good idea for members to post some of the things they plan to bring…or maybe something they are looking for so that others can bring it if they have it. **


I will be bringing some jig heads, jigs and flies. Maybe some other loose ends.


I am attaching a couple of maps to help you find the lodge if you have never been there. It is at 10 W. 4th Avenue…just west of State Street in Murray…at about 4900 So. You get there by turning west on Vine Street at the light on State Street. The first right will be Poplar St. Almost immediately turn left onto 4th avenue and look for the sign and the parking lot.


**New members and non-members welcome. **


MURRAY.jpg (328 KB)
EAGLES LODGE.jpg (369 KB)

I really don’t have anything to offer other than my ravishing good looks – but I don’t think that’ll get me much in trade. My question is, if I bring a wallet full of Washington’s, can I purchase things from folks? I certainly would like to pick up a bunch of the fabled TubeDude jigs, but am also in the market for a stiff bass rod and reel. Probably “need” a bunch of other stuff too that I don’t know about yet.

So, is this like a big “yard sale” type deal?

:sunglasses:Bring what ya got. If ya don’t got stuff to sell then you can trade the Washingtons for what others have…that you can’t live without.


Have trinkets…will travel.

Washingtons?

Don’t ya mean Benjimans? [;)]

:sunglasses:Hey…my stuff is cheap…and well worth it.

Washingtons?

Don’t ya mean Benjimans? [;)]

Nope, I meant Washington’s. I guess you forgot that Utah Lake has sucked me dry for the last 12 months. Cursed lake!

I’m sure that it is and with them being as good as everybody says that it is I figured that I would use the logic that my wife uses for her shoes. “They were such a great price that I had to pick up ten of them.” and the next line would be “Do you realize how much money I saved you?”

I used that logic when she wanted to get me into golf so I made her pay for it hoping that she would give up. You should see the set of clubs that I have now.:slight_smile:


Waiting for the day that our schedules will line up so that I can take a tour of the tackletorium.

Oh I know what you mean. Since I started hitting that lake again last spring that lake has cost me three poles, two reels, one smarter than me phone, and I just picked up a new tube because the seems are splitting out of the old one. But it has been for some awesome fishing so I’ll keep playing the game.

I bent down to grab a pole and my phone fell from my shirt pocket into a foot of water. I’m a fat, slow, white guy but I moved like lightning to rescue that damned thing. I took it apart and put the pieces into my pockets – 10 minutes later, it was up and running like new.

Phew.

I’m not going to talk about my wallet that I left on the back of my truck while I was unloading the toon…

Mine is sitting on the bottom still right about where Tube Dude posted his picture of his catfish on his Lindon report.

That’s ok the new phone is much better anyway. :slight_smile:

Still out on the new tube though. It needs some modifications. Time to head to the PVC isle. [;)]

Sad to post this but I will be bringing my Renegade to sell. You can see it on the for sale board now. Thanks again TD

:sunglasses:That’s a heartbreaker. But sometimes the demands of family finances dictate what we are able to add or keep in the fishing arsenal.


Shall we bring flowers and hold services?

Flowers wouldn’t hurt[crazy]