Echo Report

I heard from a few guys rockport was good today with perch and trout

Echo is capped and being fished. I have not had a chance myself but have talked to a couple groups. I likely won’t be able to get out until next week.

Ice really varies. I heard reports of 2" and less and of 4" and more. Spud your path, but it should be improving fast. After last night it really should have thickened. There are a few pressure ridges to watch for. I know one person put a foot through thin ice near one but was going slow so did not take a dunk.

I saw confirmed walleye and smallmouth from anglers fishing the break rocks near the dam and rainbows in the bays near the marina.

Very little on perch. Everyone I talked to described the fishing as spotty. Not early ice hot like you would hope.

Oh, and the new marina is open to drive in and was even plowed a bit at least it was early yesterday.

I can’t wait to open my new auger and sonar, but Cookie is a stickler about not peeking until Christmas. Plus she doesn’t know I bought it - for “us”, yet :slight_smile: