I heard that too and I tried frying up a fresh whitie once. Nastiest fish I ever tasted.
Bawahaha, I only laugh cause Ive eaten a few and wasnt real kind on them either, there kinda greasy and fishy. But I guess its all in the preparation…[crazy]
I heard that too and I tried frying up a fresh whitie once. Nastiest fish I ever tasted.
Bawahaha, I only laugh cause Ive eaten a few and wasnt real kind on them either, there kinda greasy and fishy. But I guess its all in the preparation…[crazy]
Well great… There goes that idea!
Everything is good with Bacon ![]()
Ain’t that the truth!
Always hear folks talk about smoked Whities. Have yet to try them myself. But given enough spice and such - I think even smoked carp could taste better than the board!
But also head folks talking up their eggs and whitefish. Don’t think that’s smoked. Like all Char - they are an oilier fish than panfish, bass - etc. But - I’d think that also means they’ll stand up to more spice.
still hoping/planning to ate least hit up some river whities. Bear Lake ice didn’t share with me anyway… learning ta do!
Need to put down my handy jigs and spinners, and fling some flies along the Logan. Lots more overhead room with all the clearing that’s been done. Maybe I’ll manage to catch something more than tree branches for a change!!!
Way to go BWO!
Whitefish smoke really well. They might be compared to smoked herring. They are oiler than some other fish but that is one of the things that makes them smoke well. If you decide to pan fry use the same rules as catfish. If undercooked they are very mushy. I only smoke them now days.
My nephew is a chef. He keeps telling me that they can be great, but he mentions smoking or grilling. Being oily. I think garlic and wild rice would be a addition.
You guys do know, there is a BACON salt? Regular and Hickory, good stuff.
seriously, its been proven if you start your day out with bacon and eggs you will catch more fish. then later in the day you wash it down with a little pbr and your catch rate sky rockets