Cats on the Bear

Ok - I have fished for many years around the northern Utah and southeast Idaho waters, but never fished for catfish. I am hoping for a little help and if possible, someone to join me for a catfish expedition on the Bear. I would really like to try out some of the river west of Brigham City, on the bird refuge. If you are knowledgable about catching cats on the Bear and wouldn’t mind sharing, let me know.:sunglasses:

So far for me, It’s been tough catching any big ones. I think you have to explore a lot and know right where the fish are.

I had a bit of luck for a while last spring. But I think I decided today - that time is not now. Found a few productive spots last year, but didn’t get any attention today. I think we’ll need to see more warm stretches before they move shallow.

I’ve found a few other areas and scoped out some others. Bends in rivers, spots where waters join, deeper holes, woodpiles - all good options.

Think it’d help if the water levels come up some. Sure we won’t have last year’s runoff, but we could use another foot or so…

PM if you want more specifics. I’d like to explore more of the bear. Never launched down in Corrine, and I gather there is a launch farther north - up in Idaho?

Yes sir you do … I took me 3 yrs before I could go out and catch fish over 10 lbs every trip.

You ever take your boat out from that launch down by the refuge?

I still gotta come down and try some of that night cattin. Maybe we’ll hook up this year!

Nah I hand launch it off.of the banks in the areas I fish