Cats on the Bear River

Fished the lower Bear River one day last week. Fished from about 6:30pm to 9:30pm and was surprised to see a lot of people out fishing. Fishing was good. I caught several fish including a 28 and 29 1/2 inchers. Forgot my net… Again but had some nice people willing to do some netting for me. Thanks again to them! All the fish were caught on minnows.

Nice cats. Thanks for sharing your report with us. Wish I could get out and catch a couple that size. Thanks J

Nice cat. That is a toad!

very nice. I haven’t been able to find anything over 28 inch. Hopefully the 30+ fish start showing up again .

Welcome to BFT BiggerBait [;)] Bear River can be a real blast at times, and a real bust at other times. Glad you got some to give you tugs.

Have you considered joining the Catfish Contest ? It isn’t too late and the North Team could use another Cat catcher for sure. There isn’t any big $$ prize, but the friendships it has developed over the last several years have been worth more than money, at least to me that is. Its a real hoot and we would like you to join us.

If you see me out at the Bear, give me a holler. Always like to put a name with a face. I have a white GMC crew cab with a BFT decal in the rear window.

[fishon]