Bachelor Adventure this Weekend

My wife took a little vacation this weekend, so that left me solo, but more importantly it left me to fish to my heart’s content. I decided I was going to make the most of my bachelor weekend.
After I dropped her off at the airport, I stopped by Utah Lake on the way home. The wind was blowing pretty hard but I still managed to get into some fish. I caught enough Green Sunfish (and Bullheads) to last a few lifetimes, and a few carp even managed their way on to the end of my line. I quickly made that meal their last. While casting little jigs towards the banks where the sunfish were hanging out, I had an unlikely visitor snatch my bait…a bullfrog. They seemed even hungrier than the little sunfish! When the wind got too much for me to handle, I headed back home. I stopped by Salem Pond due to its close proximity to my house and got into a ton of channel cats. They weren’t massive by any means, but I did manage to land about 15 before I called it quits for the night.
Saturday began bright and early. I headed down to Yuba after some Pike (thanks TyeDyeTwins for the advice). On my second cast, I landed a decent sized Pike. Things got real quiet after that, so I took off for Scofield. Scofield is flaming hot right now. I highly recommend taking a trip down there if you haven’t already. I couldn’t keep the fish off my line. In under 2 hours I had to have reeled in 50+ fish. The majority were pretty Cutthroats, but two little Tiger Trout were also pulled in. I used a variety of lures, and they all seemed to work extremely well. I only caught one Chub the entire time I was fishing, and I quickly added him to my bait bucket.
Sunday morning my buddy and I headed out to Deer Creek on the boat. The weather was great all morning, and I managed to land a chunky Rainbow, a few Perch and a couple nice Largemouth. (I won’t even mention all the Mudcats that seemed to follow me from Utah Lake).
Overall, it was a pretty successful weekend. Just thought I’d share some pics of the nice fish I landed during my bachelor weekend!

sounds like a great weekend. good on ya. that has got to feel great.